I read Liz's tutorial once and then got started even before my recent swap quilt was complete. I added four sides of Kona cotton instead of three and used bits of ladybug and other insect prints left from the fabric-square swaps for the Wee C's 100 Good Wishes Quilts, ladybugs being a folkloric totem in the China adoption community. The mint background fabric is left over from last spring when I made my Block Swap blocks. So I only purchased the border and backing fabrics. I'm not so sure I like the buggy border -- except when seen from the back -- but again the alternate self-border method was something I overlooked after that first exposure to the design. I had an extra strip left and incorporated it into the back, which I like. I don't think I want to make any quilts with whole-cloth, plain backs!