I made marvelous progress on the left front of Twist yesterday. I love me some Bonne Marie! And I was all ready to post proudly about how I had missed a cable twist but dropped down three rows and corrected it, knitting back up with some handy spare Denise ends. But once I had made it all the way through a second 20-row repeat, I could see that something was not right. The next cable after the repaired one, which I'd knit and ripped and knit and ripped and knit again because I wasn't sure just where I was in the chart ~ well, it turned out I'd had it right the second time, because the second pattern repeat is clearly two rows shorter than the first, dammit (I may have made the correction on what would have been a wrong-side row, which could surely add to my confusion).
I set it aside last night to accept the fact that I am going to rip again. I toyed with letting it slide, even with repeating the mistake on the right front so they'd match, but this great design deserves a correct knit (well, other than the first coupla missed waist decreases that I am going to ignore, because I think it'll look fine). In fact, if the back wasn't off the needles already, I'd incorporate the twisting cables on that side, too ~