I don't know exactly when I started this sweater, so I'm not sure if it took me five or six months to complete (while finishing other smaller projects in the interim). I'm just glad I'm done in time to wear it this season. With the temperature in the 30s, today was a good Gloria day, so I grabbed my petite photographer for this shot. The primary noticeable thing I did differently was to knit an attached i-cord tie at the neckline rather than weaving a ribbon through a few garter rounds, thanks to a suggestion from S&B regular Michele W. I'm glad I managed it, even as I scrounged the remnants for a bit more Cashmerino (I swear a ball went missing.) She's a keeper, this cardigan, although a little large. I initially cast on the 36" size, and checked my gauge, but when Frances held the finished back up to me in October, she thought it was too big. So I cast on the fronts in the 32" size, hoping to meet in the middle with a good fit. There are no schematics in Ellison's book, alas, but I blocked the body pieces to be as small as appeared possible. I want to see how it looks with a tank or cami rather than a T underneath. My biggest goal in knitting now is to learn more about fit. I've been totally safe with Bonne Marie's patterns, but last summer's Rowan Elspeth ended up loose, too. My next project may be one with Ann Budd and the tape measurer ~
With the Koigu shawl and first Jaywalker nearing completion, I still have projects on the needles, so there's no rush to cast on anew. And first I'm going to follow Cari's lead and do a bit of destashing. I've accumulated way too much fiber in these years of yarn obsession, and I've learned what I like to knit and wear. I don't know if I'll go the eBay route or just post it here as I did the last time, so stay tuned.